Enterprise in education is about taking an enterprising approach to teaching and learning. Enterprise encourages all young people to learn and develop in a way that meets their needs and develops, skills for learning, skills for work and skills for life.
Enterprise in education will provide pupils with the ability to recognise commercial opportunities, self‐esteem, knowledge, and skills to act on them. It will include instruction in opportunity recognition, commercialising a concept, managing resources, and initiating a business venture.
Aims of Enterprise Education:
- Provide opportunities for pupils to think and act in enterprising ways
- Provide a clear focus on core and employability skills, and the ability to transfer these to different contexts, in particular the world of work
- Adopt an enterprising approach to learning and teaching
- Promote positive attitudes
- Provide opportunities for learners to develop skills such as problem solving, decision making and evaluating risks
- Provide entrepreneurial experiences
Relationships and Sex Education
Using the statutory guidance on relationships education, relationships and sex education (RSE) and health education from the DFE we have put together a key stage appropriate scheme using resources from organisations such as the NSPCC, PSHE association. We are proactive in building current local concerns into the Scheme of work; such as the dangers of open water and looking at pupils mental health. We endeavour to bring in outside agencies and speakers to deliver sensitive topics. For example, Loudmouth deliver a sharp play about bullying in all walks of life, as well as Staffordshire safer roads partnership who focus on our pupils safety while out of school.
With the skills learnt in the sessions pupils should be able to have the confidence to ask for help from appropriate sources, know how to maintain positive mental and physical health, to understand about consent and have a range of strategies to manage pressure from others as well as being tolerant and able to celebrate diversity and equality of all.